Monday, January 08, 2007

by all accounts appearing in hindu, karnataka is heading for a power shortage situation.

and the govt seems to be responding in several ways. some of the potential responses from the karnataka govt side are,

1. discuss buying additional power to bridge the gap.
2. enforce load shedding
3. brutally push future destructive projects in places like udupi, tadadi, gundia, etc

i have a question. bangalore is a major place where electricity is being consumed massively by affulent software people and software companies (apart from other sections of the bangalore society).

bangalore is also a place with balmy pleasant weather hardly calling for A/C or fans or coolers or heaters, etc.

why can't govt enforce mandatory power shedding every day throughout bangalore at specific times. important places like hospitals, elder care homes, kids schools, etc can be supplied 24*7 electricity. but most other places can be included in load shedding.

is it a human law that electricity has to be available 24*7*365*lifetime? can't bangaloreans cope up couple of hours of no-power? can't they save electricity by switching off their massive tv sets, powering down their computers, using extra blankets to sleep, etc.

the karnataka govt should go ahead and implement planned outage and educate their citizens the need to conserve power. the tough choice in front of the dy cm of karnataka is but an illusion as the 'consumers' can always consume less if that reduced consumption can help the environment and environment depenedent people.

because unlike america, india has to be careful with electricity because electricity to affulent indians comes at a huge environmental and social cost.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Blogger Mrs.Irene Query said...

MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

God bless you Mum, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Mrs.Rachel Alex, and I am from Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed her and explain all about my financial situation to her, she therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $180,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 3% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 3% and better repayment schedule, please contact MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE via email{mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home